SYRIA – The crux of the world problem now: In India, we have enjoyed celebrating ‘Holi’ with great jubilance just a couple of days ago. India, being a peace-loving country expects the people around the world should live happily. Selfish-people in many countries and regions are creating a great unrest throughout the world. On a peaceful Sunday, let’s enjoy our weekend happily as the movie theatres are shut down indefinitely.
SYRIA – The crux of the world problem now
We don’t want to disturb your mindset, but with a state of aplomb, we will just touch briefly about ‘Syria.’ We would like to carefully craft our script – the reality, which should not make you boring. We have decided to include the ‘’CRUX’ of the problem – worth reading. We try not to make your day a ‘Tear-Jerking day. We will just give you a brief of it today.
Syria – officially known as the Syrian Arab Republic is a country in Western Asia, sharing its borders with Lebanon and the Mediterranean Sea to the west, Turkey to the north, Iraq to the east, Jordan to the south, and Israel to the southwest. The two-thirds western of Syria’s Golan Heights area since 1967 taken over by Israel and were in 1981 effectively capture over by Israel, whereas the eastern third is controlled by Syria, with the UNDOF (United Nations Disengagement Observer Force) maintaining a buffer zone in between, to implement the ceasefire (Stop – Firing – Orders) of the Purple Line. Syria’s capital and largest city is Damascus.
Syria was under Emergency rule from 1963 to 2011, effectively delayed most constitutional rights for citizens.
The major ruthlessness bloodshed had started when Bashar al-Assad has been president since 2000 and was preceded by his father Hafez al-Assad, who assumed his office – from 1971 to 2000.
Bashar al-Assad has been president since 2000 and was preceded by his father Hafez al-Assad, who was in office from 1971 to 2000. Syria has the least Global Peace Index, making it the most violent country in the world.
The war between the Ruling and Opposition parties – using their own group of rebels has mercilessly caused the following destruction.
- The war caused 470,000 victims
- 7.6 million internally displaced people
- Over 5 million sought refuge from many other countries
- Syria was conquered by the Greek Macedonian Empire, ruled by Alexander the Great circa 330 BC.
- Syria briefly came under Armenian control from 83 BC.
- Roman Empire rode to Syria, captured Antioch, its capital, and turned Syria into a Roman province in 64 BC.
- Upheaval dominated Syrian politics from independence through the late 1960s. In May 1948, Syrian forces invaded Palestine, together with other Arab states, and immediately attacked Jewish settlements.
- Salah Jadid was Syria’s effective ruler from 1966 until November 1970, when he was deposed by Hafez al-Assad, who at the time was Minister of Defense.
- The coup led to a split within the original pan-Arab Ba’ath Party: one Iraqi-led Ba’ath movement (ruled Iraq from 1968 to 2003) and one Syrian-led Ba’ath movement was established.
- In the late 1970s, the uprising had reached its climax in the 1982 Hama massacre when some 10,000 – 40,000 people were killed by regular Syrian Army troops.
- The opposition is dominated by Sunni Muslims, whereas the leading government figures are generally associated with Alawites. According to various sources, including the United Nations, up to 100,000 people had been killed by June 2013, including 11,000 children.
- To escape the violence, 4.9 million Syrian refugees have fled to neighboring countries of Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon, and Turkey.
- An estimated 450,000 Syrian Christians have fled their homes. By October 2017, an estimated 400,000 people had been killed in the war according to the UN.
(With its long evolution in Syria to sustain its power amongst themselves – many internal coups – Millions of people men or women – unfortunately teenagers, kids and month old millions of infants have been mercilessly massacred) IndianLens wants you to observe what kind of world we are living now and suggest you read – what is happening around you in the world. (We are not trying to write a book here but trying to enlighten some people who are not aware of it)