Commonwealth Games 2018 – India’s winnings & Highlights: Finally, ‘Commonwealth Games 2018’ closed its curtain for the year. For the first time ever, in the history of Commonwealth Games, India made it big. India gracefully bagged the 3rd rank for the first time. ‘Indianlens’ would like to give you some quick snippets of your easy read, instead of elaborate interviews with each player. Read on…
The wrap of Ranks:
Commonwealth Games 2018 – India’s winnings & Highlights
- As never perceived by the sport-experts, India came home with – 66 Medals including 26 ‘Gold Medals’.
- We Don’t Need Any More Evidence of The Talent Of Our Sportsmen With Their Remarkable ‘Two Historic Gold Medals In Badminton And Table Tennis Mixed Team Events.
- Saina Nehwal claims gold on Day -11 of CWG.
- India’s shooters were the most victorious, with a combined 16 medals (seven gold, four silvers and five bronze)
- Another stunning winning is in table tennis and badminton players. In all, India won Eight Medals in Table Tennis.
- Boxer Naman Tanwar takes 91kg bronze.
- Shooting gold for Sawant, silver for Moudgil.
- Gold for Sushil Kumar, Rahul Aware in wrestling.
- Kidambi Srikanth took the final step to the summit of the Badminton World Federation’s (BWF) men’s singles rankings.
- The pop table tennis star Achanta Sharath Kamal lifted the men’s singles bronze medal.
- Athletes Hima and Tejaswin miss medals but got many appreciations from the spectators. Unanimously, everybody agreed they made India proud.
- Kidambi Srikanth showed his silver medal for supremacy World Number ‘One’
(Let’s not forget, he played an instrumental role in achieving India’s maiden gold in the team event before)
- Manika and Sathiyan defeated veteran compatriots Sharath and Mouma Das making India pocketed a total of eight medals in table tennis. A phenomenal success.
It is very unfortunate still some Indian ‘Male-Chauvinists’ are unable to bury their male dominant attitude. It is a shame to see men in some social media calling ‘CWG’ – ‘Women Centric Games,’ for more women won the medals than men in ‘Commonwealth Games 2018’. How Stupid! Men should prove or improve in such world-repute – games instead of making these insensible comments.
Let’s be proud of our “Indian Empowerment”